Wednesday 11 May 2011

What my Sprouting herbs have taught me.

Okay so whats my point harping on about Green Shoots of Recovery again. Well its doing simple things that make a massive difference both home and abroad and putting money in your pocket



Suppose somebody says to you, you cant do something.. Imagine you don't have a house with a garden and only have a small window box small flat or maisonette or a tiny garden. I come along and ask you why don't you grow some herbs in those bricks in your garden. If after a few seconds or minutes, you decided you really wanted to grow some herbs in a brick, because that's all you had lying around you would hollow it out put in some earth and get on with it. My point is you would figure out a solution a I can attitude, instead of why you cant. By telling yourself and giving yourself correct positive messages you soon find a I can attitude. By the way. Am I a gardening expert, for the record no, not got a clue....
Have I got an I can attitude yes I have that's all i need...
Planted the seeds from some chives and some red peppers from the cooking one night in the bricks around my patio. Simple labels made from my rubbish bin, where else of course, and within a few short weeks we have green shoots growing out the ground as if by magic. So I now don't have to buy chives I grow my own and then chillies, Red Peppers and Green Peppers then next potatoes and so on ....

so whats the point .....

Relaxation and enjoyment satisfaction and creativity and almost forgot last but not least saving money...

Now if I worked out over a week, month, year, what we saved it may start of as a few pennies which grow in to a few pounds then next I have enough for a meal out with my wife, or a holiday or something else. All cash paid no credit cards perish the thought...

Next we are thinking up the next scheme overcoming the I cant with I can

Then just as Japan built its economy after the second world war using the simple concept of cani Consistent and never ending improvement i.e a slight degree of adjustment results in massive results, like a ship going off course just 1 or 2 degrees will miss the land by miles.
So the simple little herbs have taught me the small things really do matter they lead to bigger greater things the attention is in the detail and the little positive changes can make massive difference to our lives our families and the people around us and the recycle and carbon saving improvements speak for themselves. Just a little more oxygen to breath for me and my children and for you too.

Please comment and for other ideas of how to be practically creative and save money look at my other posts or contact me at
paulstacey88@gmail.com
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment